Feb 21, 2017: Effective Wednesday, March 8 we will be making some minor improvements to the Cascades schedule. These changes will improve our travel times between Portland and Salem and also add more service to Woodburn. The run numbers that are affected are listed below. These changes will be reflected on Amtrak’s website when you purchase your ticket. If you have any problems buying a ticket online please call 541-484-4100.
- 5513: New departure time from Portland – 3:40pm / New arrival time in Eugene – 6:40pm
- 5533: New departure time from Portland – 3:40pm / New arrival time in Eugene – 6:35pm
- 5517: Adding Woodburn stop – 11:20pm*
- 5533: Adding Woodburn stop – 4:20pm*
- 5515: Canceling Woodburn stop
- 5579: Canceling Woodburn stop
- 5516: Adding Woodburn stop – 1:45pm*
- 5528: Adding Woodburn stop – 3:20pm*
*Please note that as a result of serving Woodburn, approximately 5 minutes will be added on to the end of the run for the 5517, 5533, 5516, and 5528. This means slightly later arrival times in Eugene for the southbound runs and slightly later arrival times in Portland for the northbound runs. Check the Schedules page on March 8 for the new timepoints.
June 23, 2016: The Salem Amtrak Station will be undergoing construction beginning late-July. This will temporarily reduce the number of parking spaces at the station–including accessible spaces–and may require some detours for getting inside and out of the station building. Major construction is expected to last through October with remaining work being completed by spring 2017. During this time passengers are encouraged to get to and from the station by means other than driving such as local transit or taxi. To be on the safe side, passengers who need to drive should plan on parking off-site or getting dropped off.
More details will be posted here as they become available. Learn more about this construction project here.